Sunday 22 April 2012

Work with my 3rd year so far...





As part of being a 1st year on the BA(HONS)Fashion course at MMU we get the privilege to assist and show a 3rd year student on making their final collections. I remember when we were first told this, we all thought we had already got enough work to do, but i was far wrong in the amount they had and soon found it in my own favour as much as theirs to get stuck in and do what I can as I will learn a lot! My 3rd year has a fondness of knitting, which I have started to develop myself so I have learnt how to use the digital knit pattern machine, more domestic machine skills, pattern cutting for adaptation, making my own bias binding, felt weaving, embellishments, fabric shops in London, how to make bow ties and more! I love it, we get on well and her work is such an inspiration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment