Tuesday 25 October 2011

10/10/11 Research Week 3

Monday:

Another contextualising practise leacture took place today (see separate posts for info)



Tuesday:

Pattern cutting today consisted of us using our shirts again for more inspiration and ideas. As my work is getting a sculptural and angular format to it, im finding this hard to do as softer shapes and a more draped sillouette is all I seem to be producing, which is making my work very confusing! We also learnt how to move a dart on a shirt, b taking an exsisting dart and scaling it up into a differant position on the pattern (see file of examples).



Wednesday:

Today after my second lecture by Alsion Welch, in which we looked at more journals that were inspiring and very simiplistic with a beautiful artistic flair. I managed to use the book from the reading list today 'pattern magic' and create a dress using the idea of 'holes'. Firstly i made a basic toile for an undarted dress, this was then cut into and tubes with flat bottoms inserted, I then drew on seam markings, cut it up, created my pattern on pattern paper and reconstructed the dress. I loved the vision of recontructing through deconstruction and want to take this further into my designs.



Thursday:

Today in the sewing workshop we discovered how to make differant zip fastenings in garments. These include: a fly front fastening for men and women; a concealed zip and an invisible zip. These are in my file for future referance.


Friday:

In the tutorial today it is the end of the research process for this breif, we managed to round up our work and summarise what it has to say for us! By creating mood boards under the titles of shape and structure, texture and pattern, trends, colour, consumer profile, detail and shop report or research will by directional and help with the further design process!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment