Monday 14 November 2011

14/11/11 - Realisation Week 3 - FINAL WEEK!

Monday:




I think today is the first time Ive realised how time has flown by since the start of university! I cant believe its half way through november and I have just over a month left! Today I constructed my 2nd toile and was pleased with the fit and shape! Just hope other people are too. The dying went well and I bought my fabric 'cotton satin medium' some interfacing as it is a bit soft, buttons, bias binding and dye bucket! I met with Alison (contextualising practise seminar leader) for 5mins to discuss my essays. I really need to give them all a little start this week and it'll make next week so much easier! Bring on tomorrow pattern cutting this thing for real, wish me luck!


Tuesday:


After completing a set of sample dyes on my 2nd toile, I have descided that I love the rosewood red shade as it gives a birtn orangey/red colour that defies the shades autumn/winter trends always give us. Today I spent my time carefully making final tweeks to my pattern (learnt from my 2nd toile) and cutting it out. I tried my best to ensure it was on the grainline, rightside of the fabric and I was efficent as possible to create minimum waste in material. After cutting the fabric, I took it home to dye my fabric panels, I had to search a while for a domestic large bucket but found one, this made sure my work was clean throughout. By doing this at home I was able to be completely watchful over the dye and treat it the best I could. I then left this overnight to lead to my main contrustion day tomorrow...


Wednesday:


Today is the main contrustion day to my garment! Cant believe all this research, design and toiles have lead up to today, but I cant believe how clearer and more confident my head is about it now Ive gone through that process with complete dedication! I took my time today ensuring that I was high on quality control, therefore I was very grateful that the workshop shut at 6:30pm! I was happy with my garment when I left, I dfound being patient on the overlockers still something I need to address and the busyness of the workshop very stressful, but managed to keep myself together. All I need to do now is add the buttons (as buttonholes are done!) buy dust/lint remover, dress bag and hanger!


Thursday:


Today was the knit workshop! We we able to work on the dubied machines with the double beds! Surprisingly they were a lot easier for me to get my head around after using the domestic machines the other week. I was surprised to not see as many people there as last week, but I suppose it is deadline week, but I made sure my work was done so I could come today! We learnt ripple knits, more laddering, wavy laddering, how to make a tube (front bed then back bed), how easy it is to swap colours etc. I am LOVING these knit workshops! Need to get myself down there next week!


Friday:


I came in early to fit my buttons, press my garment and neaten the edges a little before tutorial. It was a nice tutorial to finally see people's work come together and see the whole process piecing up as a whole. Going through the tutorial, Sarah told us some of the areas we were missing or had to revise. My 'to-do' list for this afternoon (before work 10-5am) is; take photos for shop report in town, sew buttons, produce A3 boards of workings drawings x4 (including one final design sheet), Annotate and title boards and sketchbook, go to library for journals (contextualising practise) and write conclusion sheet off moodle. So proud of myself for getting it all sorted and my work fully organised before work! I have the weekend to sort out any final problems and perfect my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment